Workplace Pressure- What is it about? (Part 1)
Pressure is basically the amount of applied force put on an object/substance or person that results in an expected or unexpected conclusion.
It is a continuous physical or psychological force exerted or applied on or against an object by something/someone in contact with it.
- Work pressure is the pressure that you experience at work.
- With pressure, it means that you must complete a certain amount of tasks within a frame of time.
- Work pressure is that pressure that you experience because you have to properly carry out several tasks at a specific time. Remember you can even place pressure on yourself.
What leads to workplace pressure
- The number of assigned duties can place a person under pressure at work.
- Fear of the unknown/uncertainties. In the sense that when you are scared of the final output of your work or the way it’ll judge by your superiors or critics, it places you under immense pressure at work.
- Rebuke: Most people carry out quickly and improperly done tasks because they fear been rebuked by their superiors. When a person fears rebulke more than he craves for personal gratification that comes with a well-completed task; it brings about pressure.
4. Keep up/follow the trend: For a new employee into any organization where other workers or team members are known for carrying out their tasks to the ‘T’, the pressure to keep up come automatically.
They don’t afford themselves time to grow and adapt to the expectations of the job with learning and enquiries. They just want to perform as well as the guy who’s being into the same tasks for a longer time and understands the needs of the tasks.
Most people dive into jobs they have no prior experience in. This causes them to be under immense pressure as they do not have the knowledge to undertake such tasks over time.
Their little or no knowledge of the tasks places them under workplace pressure, they don’t know what to do when they face an occurring issue or barrier to their tasks.
So the question is what happens when you can’t cope with it?
Click the link below to see the Effects of workplace pressure.
Kindly follow us on: