Understanding the marriage covenant (Part-1)
“For those who are married, I have a command that comes…from the Lord”. 1Corinthians 7:10 NLT
HAVING GOD’S blessing on your marriage is contingent upon your operating according to His rules. To enjoy His protection, peace, and prosperity you must follow His instructions. For example, you can spend hours arguing and still not resolve the issue, when if you’d just followed God’s rules, the argument could have been over in a matter of minutes. And both parties would have been satisfied at the end of the process.
When your car breaks down, you take it back to the dealership. Why? Because they sold it to you and they know how to fix it!
God performed the first marriage. So when your relationship gets into trouble, if you’re wise you’ll talk to Him about it before talking to each other.
Furthermore, when you get married with the attitude, “If this doesn’t work out I can always get a divorce,” you’re running in the opposite direction from the truth of God’s Word.
Paul writes: “For those who are married, I have a command that comes not from me, but from the Lord. A wife must not leave her husband. But if she does leave him, let her remain single or else be reconciled to him. And the husband must not leave his wife” (vv. 10-11 NLT).
Yes, there are some acceptable reasons for divorce, but they are the exception and not the rule!
Recently a Hollywood celebrity spent millions of dollars on her wedding and then divorced her husband two months later on the grounds of “incompatibility.”
When you say, “Till death us do part,” you say it before God and you’re supposed to mean it.
* Father LORD, You are the Author of marriage, fix every marital issue in the lives of Your children in Jesus name.
* LORD Jesus, please help all husbands and wives and intending couples to make You the central figure, the LORD over their homes.
* Satan, we resist you in all ways, over every home and marriages in Jesus name
* Father LORD, help us to run our marriages in accordance with your manual, the Bible.
* We pray with thanksgiving in Jesus name, Amen.
Soul Food Reading : Num 11-13, Matt 11: 20-30, Ps 107: 17-22, Pro 3: 21-24.