Terrorist Attacked London Bridge Leaves Seven Dead and Almost 50 Injured
The terrorist has attacked London Bridge making it the second attack on the UK since last week.This attack leaves seven dead and almost 50 injured. Terrorist Attacked London Bridge Leaves Seven Dead and Almost 50 Injured
According to metro.co.uk, Six people have been killed and 48 injured in a horrific series of attacks in central London. Terrorist Attacked London Bridge Leaves Seven Dead and Almost 50 Injured
A gang of terrorists mowed down pedestrians on a night out on London Bridge at 10.08pm on Saturday night.
Witnesses said it was travelling at around 50mph, and veered into the crowds three times before speeding away from the carnage. Terrorist Attacked London Bridge Leaves Seven Dead and Almost 50 Injured
Holly Jones, a BBC reporter who was on the bridge at the time, said: ‘A white van driver came speeding – probably about 50mph – veered off into the crowds of people who were walking along the pavement.
‘He swerved right round me and then hit about five or six people.’ Terrorist Attacked London Bridge Leaves Seven Dead and Almost 50 Injured
The attackers then drove into Borough Market, going door to door stabbing unsuspecting revellers with large, 12-inch knives.
Terrifying footage has been circulated of officers storming pubs in the area and screaming at everyone to get down underneath their tables for shelter.
Shots were then fired – which later transpired to be officers killing the attackers.
Just eight minutes after first responders got to the scene, it’s believed all three terrorists were dead.
Anyone concerned about friends or relatives can call the Met Police’s Casualty Bureau on 0800 096 1233 and 020 7158 0197.
Met Police statement in full
In a statement, the Met Police’s Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said: ‘Since late yesterday evening [Saturday, 3 June], the Metropolitan Police Service has been responding to incidents in the London Bridge and Borough Market areas of south London. We are treating this as a terrorist incident and a full investigation is already underway, led by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command.
‘You will understand that our knowledge of the incident is still growing but what we understand at the present time is:
‘At 22:08hrs yesterday evening we began to receive reports that a vehicle had struck pedestrians on London Bridge.
‘The vehicle continued to drive from London Bridge to Borough Market.
‘The suspects then left the vehicle and a number of people were stabbed, including an on-duty British Transport Police officer who was responding to the incident at London Bridge. He received serious but not life-threatening injuries. His family has been informed.
‘Armed officers responded very quickly and bravely, confronting three male suspects who were shot and killed in Borough Market. The suspects had been confronted and shot by the police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes.
‘The ongoing operation is led by the Met, working closely with British Transport Police, City of London Police, the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade.
‘At this stage, we believe that six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot dead by police. And at least 20 casualties have been taken to six hospitals across London.
‘I’d like to repeat our request for the public to avoid the following areas: London Bridge and Borough Market. This is to allow emergency services to deal with this incident. Terrorist Attacked London Bridge Leaves Seven Dead and Almost 50 Injured
‘The investigation is being led by the Counter Terrorism Command and we would ask anybody who has images or film of the incident to pass those to police by uploading it at http://www.ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk.
‘Our thoughts are with all those involved and those responding to both incidents. Those who are concerned about a loved one can contact the Casualty Bureau on 0800 0961 233.
‘We are reviewing and planning to strengthen our policing stance across London over the forthcoming days, and there will be additional police and officers deployed across the Capital.
‘I would like to ask the public to remain vigilant and let us know if they see anything suspicious that causes them concern and dial 999 immediately.’
In the wake of the attack, the Conservative Party has suspended campaigning for the general election for the day.
The party will make a decision later today about whether to suspend it for longer, a spokesman said.
Many have also been calling for the entire general election – which is due to take place this Thursday – to be suspended, or even cancelled.