Man paid $50,000 bride price to marry his Facebook lover
Last year December, a Zimbabwean businessman advertised for a search for his future wife on Facebook which he later found a few months ago.
“LOOKING FOR A WIFE….I have finally decided I am getting married in 2017. Applicants with the following requirements should apply;
1. Should have natural hair
2. Minimum of a University Degree preferably in finance or business related. Masters degree is an added advantage.
3. Satisfactory income source backed by a bank statement
4. A great cook (able to cook sadza reziyo , mubora , zvinyenze, mangai , mutetenerwa, derere etc)
5. No tattoos or unusual body piercings
6. Should be light in complexion and have white teeth.
7. Able to sustain an intellectual conversation as well as an awesome sense of humour
8. Attach written recommendations from at least 2 former boyfriends
9. Extensive knowledge of Public relations.
10. Fluent in shona or ndebele and at least 2 international languages.
11. Well-trained in home management and hospitality
12. Must have NO CHILDREN and a great character
13. No previous record of cheating
14. Demonstrated ability to make a man successful
15. Your Mother’s CV with attached reference from your father.
16. Grandmother’s aged 30 years and above do not qualify.
All applicants are advised to send their applications by 1st January 2017. Attach birth and health certificates (HIV/AIDS recent results ). Only selected candidates will be contacted. Please don’t comment if you don’t meet the above criteria…. I THANK YOU…”
The businessman and his new love finally gotten engaged on Saturday, July 15.
It was gathered that the man identified as Wicknell Chivhayo paid a sum of $50,000 (N15 million) ‘lobola’ (bride price) just to marry his soon to be bride Sonja Madzikanda.
Dailyfamily.ng learnt that the businessman shared on Facebook and boasted about paying $50,000 bride price, adding that he would be disappointed if his wife’s family asked for less.
The man took to Facebook to announce his engagement to his soon to be bride Sonja Madzikanda.
Below is his Facebook post