If you were born and bred in Nigeria, especially growing up as an ‘aje–pako‘ (humble background) child, you will surely be able to identify with some funny rules to the game of football played with friends.
Which of the following rules can you relate with?
1) The ball owner selects the players to play
2) The ball owner is the referee and even captain of both teams
3) The fat boy is always the no. 5 or Goalkeeper
4) The match can end abruptly if the ball owner gets angry or hurt
5) The best players are always selected first
6) You were allowed to change goal keeper when there is a penalty
7) If u play heavy shot the ball owner will warn you. It is his ball.
8) Every tackle on the ball owner is a foul else, the game will end
9) You can’t substitute the owner of the ball
10) You will always go and call the owner of the ball in his house.
Happy weekend families!