How your bank account with internet banking facility can be hacked?
1. Hacker accesses your name and date of birth from Facebook.
2. With these details, he goes to the IncomeTax site and updates them. From there he obtains the pancard and mobile numbers.
3. Then he gets a duplicate pancard made.
4. After this, he lodges a mobile theft complaint in a police station/services provider.
5. With the duplicate pancard, he gets another sim card from the mobile company.
6. Through internet banking, he is now ready to access your account.
7. He goes to the site and uses the forgot my password option.
8. Now he easily gets past other options and gets the Internet banking pin on his sim card.
All those who used Internet Banking are requested to edit Facebook profile and delete the birth date and mobile no. as a safety measure.
Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB)