Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Kilometre 42 on the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. He is one of the fathers of Pentecostalism in Nigeria.
Here are Amazing Things You Need to Know About this Great Man of God
- Pastor William Kumuyi was born on June 6, 1941, into a Christian family in Orunwa, Ogun State, the western part of Nigeria.
His parents were Anglicans and made sure to raise their children the Christian way.
- He completed his secondary school education in 1961 at Mayflower School in Ikenne, Ogun State, from where he proceeded to the University of Ibadan and in 1967 graduated with a first-class honours degree in mathematics where he graduated as an overall best graduating student in that year.
- William Kumuyi went back to Mayflower School to teach mathematics. After 5 years, he went to the University of Lagos to do a Postgraduate Certificate in Education. He became a lecturer there in 1973. At that time, he founded the Deeper Life Bible Study group.
- In 1973, while teaching Mathematics at The University of Lagos, William Folorunso Kumuyi started a small Bible study group. It consisted of 15 university students who listened to the Scriptures and the Pastor’s preaches. By the ‘80s, this group had grown into a few thousand members. At this time, the Deeper Life Bible Ministry was established.
- In 1975, Kumuyi was expelled from the Apostolic Faith Church for preaching on the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He continued his independent ministry, which in 1982 became the Deeper Life Bible Church. As of 2005, the Christian ministry is said to have over 800,000 affiliates.
- Pastor Kumuyi met his first wife, the late Sister Abiodun, in 1972.
The two got close while she was a volunteer and a part of the choir. They eventually tied the knot at the Ikoyi Marriage Registry and had their white wedding at The Chapel of Resurrection at the University of Lagos.
They had two children, Jeremiah and John.
Sadly, she passed away on Saturday, April 11, 2009, after a brief illness in their Ayobo, Ipaja, Lagos home.
- 18 months later, Pastor Kumuyi took another chance at love by marrying his second wife, Esther Blaize Kumuyi in 2010.
They had their first official outing on Sunday, October 24, 2010, at the Trinity Church in Brentwood, UK.
- Pastor Kumuyi has published several books which includes
The Lord’s Prayer, 1997, ISBN 978-1-85424-370-6
The Hour of Decision, 1990, ISBN 978-2367-70-2
Supernatural Supply in All Situations, 2009, ISBN 978-0-88144-416-2
The Truly Liberated Woman, 2000, ISBN 978-978-2908-25-4
Higher every day: A Daily Devotional Guide for Successful Youths, 2014, ISBN 978-1-46759-810-1
Daily Manna, Volume 1, 2011, ISBN 978-1-90549-379-1
Daily Manna: A Daily Devotional Guide, 2014, ISBN 978-1-46759-809 5
Have Compassion on Them, 1991, ISBN 978-9-78236-700-6
The Spirit Controlled Family: W.F. Kumuyi, 1996, ISBN 978-9-78236-742-6
How to Know God’s Will in Marriage, 1990, ISBN 978-9-78236-713-6