Climate Change is also referred to as Global Warming can be related to the depletion of the Ozone layer present in the atmosphere. Climate Change can better still be referred to as the rise in average surface temperatures on Earth. Many people have argued over the years that climate change is not real, but it is vividly evident that the world and families most especially are paying for this ignorance which is already been experienced around the globe.
The effect of climate change which is quite notable on so many factors affecting the family such as Shortage in the food supply, low farm yield, starvation, health risk and so many other factors. The delay in rainfall, the overflowing riverbank, rise in sea levels and incessant drought are all effects of Climate change.
To understand this subject better, here are 9 things every family members need to know about Climate Change.
- Climate change (reduction in rainfall, drought) is one of the major reason for reduction in farm yield
- Excessive flood is also a factor related to climate change and it can wash away homes if proper attention is not given to town planning, layout, and proper drainage channel construction
- Burning of fossil fuel, (pollutants released into the air from car exhaust, industrial plants, chimney) can cause major airborne diseases like asthma, cough and some other diseases to family members
- Climate change can be mitigated through the planting of trees, planting of cover crops, no bush burning and controlled grazing system for livestock.
- Global warming causes heat and heat can also result in rashes on the skin of your children and other skin diseases
- Recycling is one good way to control the effect of climate change
- Kitchen waste in the home can also be converted into manure useful for family vegetable garden
- Families should do better with the use of alternative power supply like solar powered electricity and go for energy saving bulb which is more efficient and last longer
9. Reducing the rate at which we burn refuse and other rubbish makes the atmosphere and the earth cooler for a family to inhabit.
Climate change is a subject every family needs to keep learning about and educating their children on. In doing this, we are ensuring that the earth is livable and conducive for us all to live.