8 ways to treat Groin Rashes
Groin Rashes which is also known as Jock Itch is a fungal infection that causes red and itchy rashes in warm, hidden and moist areas of the body.
The rash is known to often affect areas of the groin and inner thighs and they mostly have ring-like shapes.
Causes of groin Rashes
It can be caused by several different factors like:
- A yeast or bacterial infection can cause groin rash.
- Bladder irritation and bowel control can cause groin rash.
- Unclean protective underwear or underwear is worn over time can also cause rashes or skin irritation.
- A person may be allergic to the scents or certain perfumes in the material.
- Health problems like diabetes may cause groin Rashes as a result of a poor immune system to fight impending infections.
How to prevent the Rash
- Always change protective underwear and underpants as soon as possible after it is soiled, dirty or wet.
- Allow the skin to air dry for at least 5 to 10nminures before wearing your underwear.
- Make sure to wash the groin area daily and carry out frequent checks for rashes so as to treat them as soon as possible.
Read Also: How to treat boils (“Furuncle”)
Treatment of Groin Rashes
Home remedies or treatments often help those rashes varnish.
- Always keep the skin around the area dry.
- Make sure to check your briefs every 3 hours for discharge or pus. Change if required.
- Wash and rinse the groin and anal areas with warm water and a soft washcloth. Rinse well and make sure to dry completely.
- Make use of a blow-dryer in a warm setting to make the area completely dry.
- For people with diarrhoea, apply ointments like Damatol to combat infection. (Visit your pharmacist for other options)
- Wash your hands after using it on infected areas.
- Wash linens, underwear and clothes that may have come in contact with the infection with antiseptic soaps and liquids.
- See the doctor if the rash doesn’t get better or if signs of infection develop (such as increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness).
Read Also: 5 Health Benefits of Reading Books
Kindly follow us on: