It is often said that health is wealth but looking critically at that word, one can say it is actually incomplete because health is more than wealth, health is everything. Health is the totality of all creatures to be whom and whatever they want to be.
Food poisoning is something very rampant but because the effect could be mild or misinterpreted by people to be another thing, it is being taken for granted.
There are many symptoms associated with food poisoning such as vomiting, abdominal pain, cramps, bloody or watery stool. We have in this article 7 ways to prevent food poisoning.
1. Embrace proper hand washing: the place of hand washing in health management can never be overemphasized since the hand is used to handle everything. Wash your hand properly before you handle food materials.
2. Wash kitchen utensils and raw food properly: even if you have washed the utensils before keeping them in a cupboard or where you keep your utensils, there must still be proper washing before using them to cook. Wash the kitchen slab or surface where food materials will be placed to with surface cleaners and wash your raw food materials very well.
3. Wash cutting boards: wash your chopping/cutting boards with clean lukewarm soapy water. This will prevent microorganisms from finding their ways into the surface.
4. Keep raw foods away from cooked food: raw foods must be separated from ready-to-eat food to prevent contamination.
5. Cook your meat very well: all poultry, fish and beef must be well cooked. Make sure that you cook them very well to prevent poisoning.
6. While shopping, separate raw meats from other food items.
7. Portion cooked food well: after cooking, when you want to portion food into the freezer let it be what you can consume at a time once it defrosts.