7 Ways To Maintain Healthy Teeth For Toddlers
Toddlers are children who are just growing their teeth and if the teeth are not properly maintained it can lead to decay or damage in the future.
Read Also: How to care for your Teeth and Gums
Parental effort and discipline are required to keep your toddler’s tooth in good shape. Here are seven strategies to help your child keep his or her teeth healthy.
- Brush twice daily with fluoride toothpaste: it is good to introduce your toddler early to brushing twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Reduce Sugar: to maintain good and healthy teeth for your toddler, reduce his or her sugar consumption. Taking sugary substances too often can damage the teeth and cause early tooth decay.
- Avoid sharing toothbrushes: your toddler should never share a toothbrush with anyone, the toothbrush should be personal because teeth decay is transmissible.
- Reduce Juice intake: juice contains a lot of sugar, this is why it should be minimized a lot for your toddler. If your toddler should take juice at all it should be along with a meal.
- Flossing is important: flossing is to use dental floss (a thin line) to clean in between the teeth. While brushing will clean the teeth generally. Flossing helps to pay attention to the spaces in between the teeth.
- More water in bottles: the bottles your toddler likes to always drink from should not be filled with juices or milk as they can end up taking this to bed. To maintain healthy teeth, fill the bottles with clean water.
- Healthy snacks alone: when your toddler eats snacks that are too sweet or sugary, his or her teeth are attacked by bacteria for the next 20 minutes. This is why you should encourage your toddler to take healthy snacks alone.
Read Also: 5 DRINKS THAT TURNS YOUR TEETH TO YELLOW
Kindly follow us on: