7 Things you may not know about Messi’s wife (Antonella Roccuzzo)
Antonella Roccuzzo is one of the luckiest women on the face of the earth with the opportunity of being the wife of one of football’s famous personality, Lionel Messi. As popular as she is, most people do not have knowledge about her.
Here are 7 things you may not know about Messi’s wife:
- Her family background: She was born into a Christian home in Rosario, Argentina, on February 26, 1988, to Jose Ruben Roccuzzo and Patricia Blanko. Her father was a businessman while her mother was a primary homemaker. She also has 2 sisters, Paula and Carla.
- As shy as Messi: Just like her husband, Messi, she has not hidden her shy persona from the media, recently stating that she was shy as a kid. Accordingly, she did not have many friends during her early ages, as she always spent most of her time with her sisters.
- She was a dentist: She initially trained to be a dentist at university. But she switched to social communications. In November 2016, she posted on her Instagram page saying that she had signed a contract to model for Argentine fashion label Ricky Sarkany.
- Young love: She was born in Argentina’s third-largest city of Rosario, just like Lionel Messi. She has known the Barcelona star since she was a little girl since her cousin, Lucas Scaglia, was Messi’s childhood friend.
“Who’s that?” asked a nine-year-old Messi, Luca (her cousin) recalled. Leo later wrote a letter to the eight-year-old Antonella in which he exclaimed: “One day we will be boyfriend and girlfriend”.
Messi’s reputation to be shy wasn’t the case in her situation as he could barely turn off any opportunity to visit her at home, just to see her. Hence the strong bond she and the football star share was a long way in.
- She dated someone else before Messi: It is not known how long the pair have been together behind closed doors, but they went public with their relationship in 2007. Before then she became official with the Barca star, she was seeing another person whose identity remained unknown till this day.
Her former boyfriend dealt with the heartbreak by stating “She dumped me, but at least she didn’t leave me for any old bloke – she dumped me for Messi…” he told a local paper when recalling the relationship in 2010.
- Birth before Marriage: Before going public in 2007, Antonella and Messi had dated in secret for a while. They had their engagement in a private ceremony in 2010. In June 2012, Messi celebrated they were expecting a child by tucking the ball under his shirt to portray a pregnant woman.
In November 2012, the duo welcomed Thiago, their first son, and on 11th September 2015, they had their second son, Matteo, in Barcelona.
Wedding of the century: They got married at a luxury hotel in Rosario on 30th June 2017, with the presence of about 250 guests, including football stars such as Neymar, Luis Suarez, Gerard Pique. Argentina’s Clarín newspaper tagged it “the wedding of the year” and “the wedding of the century”.
Crowds gathered at the local airport to try to spot some of the famous guests. A private security firm worked inside the hotel to keep out potential gatecrashers.
150 journalists received accreditation to enter a special press area, but most were not given full access to the venue.
8. $20 million Networth: She has done well for herself, her modelling career has proved as successful as any career someone can wish for. Money has never been her problem though, with a husband that earns 100s of dollars per year. She can’t ask for better.
Kindly follow us on: