7 MAJOR CHALLENGES SINGLES FACE
Singles face numerous challenges in their quest for maturity and achievement. Some of these challenges weigh them down while few shake them to the foundation of their relationship and destiny. This article is written to reveal them and the right thing to do to handle them.
- Identity: Many a times singles face the challenge of having their identity different from their parents and elderly ones. This in-turn make them to form their own lifestyle different from what their parents is known for, dressing differently, forming new association and even venturing into different career which is totally different from their parents wishes .You often hear them saying ‘’I just want to be myself, I need to be different’’ That is why many of them are always at logger-heads with their parents and Guardians. You truly need your own identity but get a godly mentor and listen to his/her advice.
- Choice of Career: They often face the challenge of choosing a career .This is always an issue because many parents have a career path which they want their children to follow and this always go contrary to the wishes and aspiration of the young ones. This root cause of having many youths drop out of school or engaging in careers different from what they studied in School. No wonder, we see a certified Medical Doctor abandoning the medical profession for Music. In choosing a career, don’t imitate anybody, go for what you have passion for and your gifting.
- Getting a Perfect Match: This is another major area where singles are having serious challenge. The problem is they are having so many options to pick from in their various circles such as University and other tertiary institution, campus fellowships , Churches and Offices. With this fact, the problem of who to really settle down with in matrimony among all their admirers pose a difficult challenge before them. To choose rightly; marry a genuine child of God, go for somebody with a godly character, one who has vision. Above all keep reading all the posts for Singles and youths on this blog.
- Rushing Into A New Relationship Without Healing: So many youths run into relationship problems which lead into lots of break-ups among them. After a break-up, many lack the knowledge that there is need for ‘healing’ period before going into another relationship. Ignorance of this made them jump into another relationship without proper consideration which often lead many into serial heartbreaks. Please, note that when relationship break, healing process require time. Wait a little longer to get over the whole issue before you go into another one.
- For Females-Fear of Age running out on Them: The Challenge single ladies mostly fear is that age is run out of them once they growing towards age 30 without a suitor. This make them feel threatened, dejected and under pressure to hook up with any available guy. Note that, it is better to be single than to go into a regrettable marriage and that you are as old as you think.
- No More Good Guys/Ladies Out There: The modern day saying and belief that there is no more good guys /ladies is another challenge singles battle with .This is causing a lot of set back in their marital plans because it make them find it difficult to trust anyone or get committed to a suitor. This is usually associated with peer pressure which must be handled with godly wisdom and counsel Please, ask yourself -Am I a good fellow? If your answer is yes, then there is a good girl out there for. Prayerfully look around you and you will find a wife material or a good man for you to marry.
- Financial Challenge-Singles financial problem ranges from cost of professional exams, Car, Accommodation, latest electronics, and financial burden of their visions and dreams. Please set your goals in the order of priority, don’t seek to achieve everything over night. Take one step at a time. Have a mentor who can guide on step by step basis and above all trust in God for all your needs because He can supply them.
Oba Samuel is a relationship and family counselor . Connect me on twitter@PastorOba