The present global economy does not permit any woman to be lazy and idle. In fact, when you are jobless you may not gain the respect of your in-laws and neighbors.
People will always call you to be a witness to any happenings in the neighborhood. Idle hands are the devil’s workshop. At the same time, you must not be engrossed with your work to the detriment of your family; any work or career that will not allow effective performance of your duties as a wife. You must be determined to do the right things.
The following tips will help you a lot:
1. Total Reliance On God – Family life is demanding and your career, business, and work always need your time for desired growth. You need to give your life to Jesus, the Prince of peace so that you can have peace at home and at work.
2. Set Your Priority – Many at times, when a woman misplaces her priority, it backfires and affects many aspects of her life negatively. Let your life take the following order
-God first in everything
-Your husband after God
-Others like the extended family, friends, neighbor, etc.
3. Take Stock Of Happenings Around You – Sit down to ruminate on the state of your home and work at the moment. Then look for a way of rectifying (make up for) any aspect that is suffering. Work on the complaints of your husband and children. Maybe you have dedicated all your life to work, please re-schedule and adjust appropriately.
4. Take Positive Steps – If your present job is taking too much of your time, you may have to look for a better job that is family friendly. You cannot be absent from home by 6:00am to 11:00pm and your husband too is extremely busy as well and you are both out of the house the whole day. It will not help you at all. Leaving your children with maids and neighbor can expose them to an unpleasant experience.
Husband and wife must sit down and agree on the better way of moving your home forward. Money is not everything; it cannot replace your presence at home. Please be wise, do not raise prostitute and armed robbers as children in your home. You may be afraid that your taste is already high and how would you cope with the financial responsibility if you change your job. God knows better when He sees the sincerity of your heart.
5. Get Your Husbands Support – Whatever career you are trying to grow, you need the support of your family especially your husband. When I was still working in my former multi-national company, I would leave early and return home late. But God used my husband to cover up the vacuums. You need the support of your spouse to carry on. In fact, it would be very difficult to record success and significant growth in career and business without the solid support from your spouse. Never say, you can do it alone, I have all it takes; it is wrong. Rely on God and solicit for your spouse’s encouragement. All will be well. Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor.