President Muhammadu Buhari’s appointment of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar as the new Director General of National Intelligence agency yesterday made major headlines on most of Nigerian dailies today.
Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, prior this new assignment of his has been involved in quite a number of international duties all affiliated with the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Here are 7 things you never knew about Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, the newly appointed DG of National Intelligence Agency.
1. Before this appointment Ahmed Rufai Abubakar served as the Senior Special Assistant to the President (SSAP) on Foreign Affairs/International Relations.
2. Ahmed Rufai Abubakar predecessor, Ayo Oke was sacked over a N13 billion found in his Ikoyi apartment.
3. He speaks Arabic fluently.
4. Abubakar holds a B.A degree in French Language and Literature
5. United Nations in peace support operations.