5 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU ARE READY TO SAY I DO
Many singles are fond of not doing many things right. They wait for love to find them and marriage to locate them.
Are you single and hopeful of getting married in the nearest future? There are five things you must do before saying “I do”:
- GET CONNECTED TO GOD: Without a deep connection with God, you may be a thorn in the flesh to whosoever you will be a spouse to. This is why you must get yourself connected to God Almighty for it is the best thing to do. Your connection with God will give you the right direction to go in life. It will direct you to the right spouse and make your path smooth in your life’s journey. Job 22:21-22 (KJV)
The marital journey is one you’ve never embarked on before. You will do yourself a favour if you go with the one who is the way and the truth.
- FIND YOUR PURPOSE: Discover your purpose, turn it into a vision and pursue it. Marriage becomes better when two people who understand each other’s purpose before coming together can merge their visions and purpose not just joining their hands on the altar.
Genesis 2:15 (KJV)
Discovering your purpose and making it a great vision before getting ready for marriage is a recipe for a prosperous, joyful and fruitful marriage. Proverbs 29:18 (KJV)
- DO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE WITH YOUR LIFE: Don’t just wait for marriage. Don’t wait for a man to find you or wait for an available lady to locate you. Do something worthwhile with your life and make your life better for you, your would-be spouse and your children. Go to school; get a good certificate; develop your skills; grow better; be stronger; be more useful.
A better you will be useful in marriage. Your family will suffer for it if you get married as a dropout or a half-baked graduate. Get up and be better. Proverbs 9:12 (KJV)
Also read 5 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU SAY I DO
- DEVELOP YOUR CAPACITY TO BE A BETTER SPOUSE: Build your capacity to love and care; to serve and nurture; to help and support. Your capacity will determine how far your marriage will go. Start reading books on ways to become a better spouse. Learn how to be a great wife or husband. Proverbs 9:9 (KJV)
- BUILD YOUR CHARACTER: Your character is your marriage. Before you think of marriage, work on your character, develop who you are and get better on what you are doing. Develop an attitude that attracts the right people into your life and sustain a long term marriage. Deal with anger, laziness, talkativeness, oversleeping, nagging, malice, etc. All these are the gravediggers of marriage. Don’t let them enter your marriage with you. Job 12:3 (KJV)
twitter and Instagram @bisiadewale or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org