5 Reasons Why You Should Take Your Time Before You Say ”I Do”
5 Reasons Why You Should Take Your Time Before You Say ”I Do”- Couples who do not spend enough time getting to know one other during their courting are more likely to have a failed marriage or, at the very least, a tumultuous marriage if they stay together.
Reality and unpleasant truths often set in after the exhilaration of a brief romance that ends in a fast marriage has worn off.
Here are five reasons why engaged couples should spend time getting to know each other before saying I do! before jumping into marriage.
1. It is necessary to devote time to the development of a connection; Regardless of whether you believe the other person is your mate, you cannot develop a sustainable relationship in haste.
2. It’s a sign of immaturity if you’re impatient; You are probably not grown enough to marry if you are not mature enough to wait! Getting married in such a situation can result in a divorce.
3. Getting to know a person’s true self takes time; It takes time to figure out a person’s personality. It is impossible to learn everything there is to know about someone in a short amount of time. Waiting patiently and prayerfully will expose a person’s actual motivations and character.
4. You must know a person’s strengths and weaknesses in addition to their character; The latter may not be revealed for a few months, since your future spouse will be putting forth a concerted effort to present himself or herself in the best light possible at this time.
Also, you may be instinctively blind to his or her flaws during this time, preferring to focus on the positive aspects.
5. Waiting and not acting hastily can let you test your belief that your intention is God’s desire for your life; When we claim to have heard from God, we may simply be hearing our own emotions, wants, or will.
If your intention is part of God’s will for you, time will tell. Take the time to investigate your future spouse’s personality, beliefs, ambitions, and convictions.
Finally, if you are not spiritually, socially, or mentally compatible, God has not spoken to you about your life partner.
Read Also: HOW TO FIND CONTENTMENT IN MARRIAGE
Kindly follow us on: