Parents are always concern about their children especially when they just have a newborn baby. They tend to take proper care of every sensitive part of their body for them to have a proper and healthy body system.
The skin is one of the most sensitive parts of their body and that is why parents spend much time nuzzling and caressing their baby’s soft skin.
Here are 5 amazing ways you can protect your baby’s skin from drying out, getting irritated, or becoming damaged.
1. Babies should be bathed every day in warm—not hot—water to stay clean. The first step to a big baby bath is to get the right temperature and then fill your bath with only 2 to 3 centimeters of water. To stop your baby from getting cold during your bath, pour cups of water regularly on their shoulders.
Take a washcloth and use it to wash your baby’s scalp gently with baby shampoo. A cotton ball moisturizes and gently dabs to purify their face.
Place one hand at the neck of your baby to support their head and the other hand at the bottom, around a thigh, in order to lift your baby out of the bath. Wrap them in a hooded towel. Use baby lotion immediately after dryness to seal in humidity and to avoid dry skin.
2. To remove material that can irritate your baby’s skin, wash your new baby clothes. Also, remove any tags that might scratch newborn skin.
3. Keep short nails: Babies do not have much control over their limbs, so their sharp little nails can easily scratch them.
Read Also: 3 Amazing ways to connect with your Baby
4. Wipe the drool off: The continuous presence of saliva in the chin and neck of your baby can lead to irritation. Gently dab it away with a soft cloth. Try to use a bib that can be modified if wet.
5. Wear protective wear and sunscreen when in the sun. Bring your infant a hat, pick shade over direct sunlight and use a mineral-based sunscreen on exposed skin.