5 Amazing Ways to Communicate Better With Your Spouse
Are you having a problem talking about your feelings with your spouse? Does your partner run the other way anytime you bring up your feelings? If so, this may be good news for you.
Here are 5 ways to improve emotional communication and deepen your relationship with your spouse.
1. Make small talk: You may think to talk about a TV show or even a sports show is far from connecting emotionally but these supposedly insignificant things could go a long way in improving your relationship better than the so-called “deep” discussion of your feelings.
2. Don’t just ask about small insignificant experiences. Share them.
3. Listen carefully. Have a good listening ear. Knowing that you are being heard is one of the experiences most likely to cement a feeling of connection to another. Your spouse wants you to listen
4. Ask questions, and don’t assume that you know the answers.
5. Talk about yourself, but don’t take all of the air. Finding a healthy balance between talking and listening is difficult in most relationships, but even harder as you get to know each other, so it’s important that you both get a chance to talk and listen.