21 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TONY ELUMELU
Tony Elumelu is a Nigerian economist, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who earned his business reputation in 2005 as an African Business foremost banking technocrat when he led the largest amalgamation in the banking part of Sub-Saharan Africa to come by joining Standard Trust Bank and United Bank for Africa (UBA). In five years he transformed it from a single-country bank to a pan-African institution with over 7 million customers in 19 African countries. 21 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TONY ELUMELU
Below are 21 things you need to about this outstanding Nigerian
- Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu was born on the 22nd March 1963.
2.He is the Chairman of Heirs Holdings. 21 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TONY ELUMELU
3.The chairman of the United Bank for Africa, Transcorp
- Founder of The Tony Elumelu Foundation.
5.Elumelu holds the Nigerian national honours, the Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON). He is also a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR).
- He was recognized as one of “Africa’s 20 Most Powerful People in 2012” by Forbes magazine.
7.Married to Dr.Awele Vivian ,a medical doctor in 1993
8.He has Bachelor degree in economics from Ambrose Alli University
9.He has Masters in economics from the University of Lagos.
10.The name of his Father: Dominic Elumelu
11.His Mother: Suzanne Elumelu
- He is an alumnus of Harvard Business School’s Advanced Management Programme.
- He is a native of Onicha-Ukwu in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State.
- He has four siblings.One of whom is the Hon. Ndudi Elumelu, a former member of the Nigerian Federal House of Representatives.
- Elumelu serves as an advisor to the USAID’s Private Capital Group for Africa (PCGA) Partners Forum
- He sits on the Nigerian President’s Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council (ATIC)
- He is also vice-chairman of the National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria (NCCN)
- He also serves as a member of the Global Advisory Board of the United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Initiative (SE4ALL)
- He is a member of USAID’s Private Capital Group for Africa Partners Forum.
20.Tony Elumelu is the originator of the term Africapitalism.According to him, Africapitalism is an economic philosophy that embodies the private sector’s commitment to the economic transformation of Africa through long-term investments that create both economic prosperity and social wealth
21.He was featured in New African in their list of the “100 Most Influential Africans in Business”.