21 Attitudes Of A Difficult Spouse.
-By Bisi Adewale
Marriage can be hell on earth when a spouse is tough and difficult to live with.When you are difficult, your marriage and home will be difficult and you will make life miserable for your spouse and children who will feel very sad whenever you are at home and feel relieved when you traveled. Are you wondering whether you are difficult or not? Below are 21 attitudes of a difficult spouse:
If you exhibit any of these attitudes in your life, please deal with them lest you destroy your marriage.
- Uncontrollable Anger. If you always explode in anger like a volcano, you will be difficult to live with. Ecclesiastes 7:9
- Withdrawing physically. You withdraw into your shell whenever you are angry, or you withdraw friendship and relationship in your anger.
- Revenge. You don’t forgive and you take revenge on everything. Your policy is an eye for an eye and an arm for an arm. You always take your own pound of flesh.
- Sarcasm. You always say the opposite of what you mean in order to spite your spouse. You also mock or make unkind jokes. For example: “You came late to this meeting again. Aha! You are the best wife in the world. I pity you”. Ecclesiastes 5:6
- Contempt. You harbour the feeling or carry out actions to show that your spouse is not important.
- 6.Keeping malice. You are fond of refusing to talk to your mate whenever there is a misunderstanding.
- Lying. You lie too often that you even find it difficult to believe yourself.
- Violence. You are involved in violence, beating or hurting your spouse.
- Infidelity. You are not faithful to your spouse. Proverbs 29:3
- Comparison. You compare your spouse with other men or women by telling him or her that others outside are far better than him or her.
- Blaming. You are fond of blaming your mate for every little thing that go wrong. Ecclesiastes 4:6
- Drug abuse. You use drugs which influence your actions at home.
- Bad friends. You go out with bad friends who influence all you do. They teach you how to do all manner of bad things to your spouse or you copy it from them. Proverbs 29:24
- Drinking alcohol. You are a drunkard; you can’t just stop drinking. Proverbs 31:3-6
- Denying responsibilities. You always fail to do what you ought to do.
- Making threats. If you threaten to beat, divorce, marry another wife, commit adultery, to run away, etc you will be difficult to live with.
- Rubber man/rubber woman (bounce back) syndrome. This occurs when one person has a complaint and the other simply throws it back at him or her, bouncing back the complaint. For example, Wife: “Hey, Honey! You walk too fast wife. Husband: “Shut up! Are you not the one dragging your foot like a millipede?”
- Abusive words. You have mastered the art of using abusive words to hurt your spouse.
- Refusing to compromise. You always do things at crossroads with your spouse. If it is not your way, then no way. Proverbs 28:9
- Olympic spirit. You don’t see your spouse as a teammate; rather you compete with him or her.
- Escaping. You are fond of “escaping” from issues at home. It may be by going out of the house, by sleeping, eating, watching television, reading books, using the computer, surfing the net, playing with your phone or even making phone calls.
Go over the list and tick the ones you’ve been practising. Admit it that you need to change and do something about it.
21 Attitudes Of A Difficult Spouse
Culled from 20 Highways To A Successful Marriage,by Bisi Adewale.