11 Amazing Achievements of Olusegun Obasanjo As He Clocks 81
OBJ was born on the 5th of March 1937 in Abeokuta, Ogun State Nigeria. The great leader has so many achievements accredited to him and here they are:
- Olusegun Obasanjo bagged a PhD in Christian Theology at the National Open University (NOUN) on the 20th of January 2018 just before he clocked 81.
- Obasanjo was Nigeria’s Military Head of State from 1976 to 1979.
- Obasanjo handed over government peacefully to Shehu Shagari in 1979.
- He won the 1999 Presidential Elections as a member of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and was president from May 29, 1999, ruling for two terms until 2007.
- Obasanjo brought GSM to Nigeria in the year 2001
- Obasanjo was able to resolve the Bakassi Peninsula dispute between Nigeria and Cameroon with the former Cameroonian President, Paul Biya, on the 12th June 2006.
- Obasanjo was recently appointed as the United Nations High-Level Advisory Board Member along with Seventeen Other World leaders.
- Obasanjo has written quite a number of books. Amongst them is My Command published in 1980 and My Watch published in 2014.
- Obasanjo is one of the ten prominent individuals who are ‘Africa Progress Panel’ Members.
- Obasanjo has risen to have a say over the politics of Nigeria becoming the most respected political figure in the country.
- Obasanjo is the most distinguished Elder Stateman in Africa.